Fashion is a popular or the latest style of clothing, decorations, behaviors and designs. Fashion is all around us, from the people you meet at work all the way to the countless fashion shows and bazaars. Most importantly, fashion especially in clothing brings out the appearance and taste of a person. You can be trendy, following the latest trends in design, color and style, or you can belong to the “luxurious” group, wearing on all the branded products, or you can be unique, experimenting with dozen difficult types of matching, colors and bold designs, or you can choose not to care, simply wearing whatever is available, as long as you are covered.
Whichever group you belong to, there is no doubt that you will need some fashion tips to keep you going. Here goes:
1) Keeping up with trends, or at least know the trends
Keep a lookout for the various fashion shows by top designers and brands; find out what is common amongst the many outfits and pieces. Is it the color, the pattern or a certain design that has a certain repetition, that could actually provide you with the main gist about what the designer is focusing on, and that could be your answer to understand the trend. Next, if possible, read fashion magazines as they can provide you with the latest fashion trends in this ever-changing and fast-paced fashion frenzy. If you want to go a step further, you can actually purchase similar items or create the pieces that you have seen in the latest trends. But be careful, this plan could backfire badly, which will be explained further in the next point.
2) Not everything in trend will suit you
You can see a really stunning and alluring dress worn by Jennifer Lawrence, or a dazzling suit worn by Chris Hemsworth, and then there you are, looking awkward and pathetically plain-looking. Different people have different body structures and skin tones, so it is only normal to see that not every piece of outfit will suit everyone. Dress like your age and body type, do not try to be too ambitious and overdo everything. In contrast, some clothing that you might deem as repugnant will turn out to look good on you, seriously.
3) Note the fashion trends that never go out of style
If you belong to the “do-not-care-about-latest-trends” or no time to keep a lookout, you will have to at least bear in mind some of the trends that never go out of style. This section will be separated for the males and females. We begin for males:
- Plain crew neck T-shirt– Always look good for a casual outing with friends and family.
- Black leather shoes- Undoubtedly stylish and always a good fit for events or work.
- Dark straight jeans- Essential need that every man should own, always come in handy.
- Leather belt- Perfect for jeans, dress pants and sometimes even bermudas.
- Classic black tuxedo suit- one that you will automatically turn to for formal events to look sharp.
For the females:
- Skinny or straight jeans- Already an essential for men, jeans will never go out of style for women too.
- Collared shirts- Good for many different occasions as they are designed in many ways.
- Little black dress- Known to make you look slimmer than usual, versatile for many occasions.
- A pair of black pumps- Fits and matches many different types of attire, an essential must-have.
4) There is no need to go for the logo every time
“Have you seen the latest Louis Vuitton bag?” or “Oh my god, the latest Adidas Superstars is so nice, I’m going save up to buy it.”
It is just a brand and guess what, you are paying so much for the brand and their logo. Yes, we get the idea that they are “authentic” and look really astounding, but is it really worth your money? There should be a common understanding that if you have the extra cash, by all means enjoy the luxury brands available. On the other hand, if you are cash-tight and want to spend your cash wisely, go for the more affordable ones, make full use of your budget. Clothes that you buy from more affordable stores can have more defined style than those with logos, really.